Sunday 17 April 2016

Yellow Bird Acres update

So, what exactly has been going on at Yellow Bird Acres lately? Lots of tackmaking and working mostly. We have had a great winter/spring this year with lots of beautiful weather so I have been trying to enjoy it as much as possible. Work at the track is going great and I was lucky enough to participate in a free workshop to get closer to the harness horses. I don't have any pics of my adventure through the barns but I was able to learn a lot more about the tack used in harness racing. I plan to make a set soon.

Another exciting thing that happened was that I bought a yearling this spring! She is a grade sooty buckskin filly who has had a lot of love so far and I can't wait for her to move to the barn in May. Currently, she lives a bit too far to be able to visit too often so that is something to look forward to. Here is a pic taken this winter:

photo credit: Evelyn Sabraw

Also a baby pic, so cute!

photo credit: Evelyn Sabraw

In model releated news, I just finished a replica of the Stubben Imperator saddle:



I have also tackled SM scale tack:


...and this is what is in the works:


No comments:

Post a Comment